The ultra-compact, dual-output Aviator reinvents a classic SureFire design to provide a primary white LED and secondary colored LED in one sealed head, both focused into a useful beam with ample reach and surround light by a proprietary Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens. Pull and twist Aviator’s self-locking selector ring to set it to white or colored light, no filter required-there’s even a system-disable setting to prevent accidental activation. The primary LED generates 250 lumens of smooth, intense white light on high and a user-friendly 5 lumens on low. Just press or click the shrouded tailcap switch to activate low output of the selected spectrum at momentary- or constant-on; immediately repeat to activate high output. There are four separate models to choose from, each sporting a different colored secondary LED to help preserve eye fatigue and help get the job done the following ways:
- Amber improves contrast and does not degrade scotopic or night adapted vision.
- Blue more clearly defines shapes in the outdoors and helps identify blood and hydraulic fluid.
- Red improves contrast and aids in reading red-light-readable topographic maps.
- Yellow-Green is complimentary to the color spectrum used in most cockpits.
A lightweight, rugged Mil-Spec hard-anodized aluminum body, gaskets, and O-ring seals protect against the elements, while a sturdy stainless steel clip keeps this indispensible little light securely stowed in your pocket, pack, or-as its aeronautical name suggests-flight bag.
- Virtually indestructible white-light and colored LEDs regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Two output levels—high for maximum light, low for extended runtime
- TIR lens shapes white or colored light into focused beam with ample reach and surround light for close- to medium-range applications
- On-the-fly bezel switching between white light, colored light, and disable mode; no filter required
- Constructed of high-strength aerospace aluminum with Mil-Spec anodizing; stainless steel pocket clip; coated, tempered window
- Weatherproof—O-ring and gasket sealed
- Powered by a single energy-dense 123A battery with 10-yearshelf life
- Backed by SureFire’s No Hassle Guarantee
||1.06 inches (2.7 cm)
||4.18 inches (10.6 cm)
||1 123A (included)
|Output High White
|Runtime High White
|Output Low White
|Runtime Low White
||20 lumens / 2.75 hours*
||5 lumens / 29 hours*
||4 lumens / 12 hours*
||0.4 lumens / 49 hours*
||39 lumens / 3 hours*
||1 lumen / 57 hours*
||39 lumens / 12 hours*
||0.3 lumens / 58 hours*
||*Runtime until output drops below 50 lumens
All performance claims tested to ANSI/NEMA FL1-2009 Standard
This product is eligible for the Fly Boys Gear Protection Plan for an additional fee.
INDIVIDUAL customers only.
This program extends the 1 year limited warranty we offer with most of our original Fly Boys items to a full 5 years on items that fail and cannot be repaired.
Replacement embroidery or engraving is not included.
Shipping not included.
GSA and Government purchases not eligible.
Your Pivot Case is eligible under a 2 year plan. We will, to the best of our ability, provide individual replacement parts for your Pivot Case upon request. The terms for FlyBoys products above apply unless modified in this section.
- General Wear such as scratches, discoloration, etc. not included.
- Folio not included in this plan.
- Failure due to a dropped case is covered
- Pictures will be required to be sent to us via email, and evaluation of these pictures will be made to ascertain what parts need to be replaced
There aren't many restrictions, but a few. Please call for more information. 1-888-4-Fly-Boys (435-9269) or see our Company Info section under Fly Boys Gear Protection Plan.
Queue Jumper is designed to allow people who are in a hurry
and want their order processed right away. With or without customization, your order vaults to the front of the line.
If your gear has a custom option we move it to the front. Many times this means same day production (Mon-Fri, no holidays). Our NORMAL production times will remain the same, usually four to seven days on most items, even less most times.
However, the Queue Jumper puts you to the front of the line! Many times items will ship same day, and always within 3 business days of ordering.
If you are selecting multiple items for customization, Queue Jumper must be selected for all embroidered to secure your full place in the production line.
There aren't many catches to this plan, but more information is available on our Policies section under Queue Jumper to get the full details of the program.
|Item #: SF-AVIATOR-RD|
|Quoting Service is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Call or Email firstname.lastname@example.org for all Government Quoting|